Event Description Advancing ethical practice in health care requires grappling with difficult, often complex ethical problems and dilemmas. In this unique forum, a diverse group of ethicists, philosophers, nurses, and other healthcare professionals will meet to address contemporary ethical issues in healthcare, and will discuss solutions to the most challenging problems for ethical practice and policy.
The 2022 Carol Carfang Nursing & Healthcare Ethics Conference, hosted by Duquesne University School of Nursing, includes speakers, panels, and presentations, as well as receptions and other opportunities to meet, greet, and discuss with a wide array of professionals interested in healthcare ethics. Please join us in Clearwater Beach, Florida in February for this unique opportunity.
We invite submission of abstracts for a 20 minute presentation and for posters that address any contemporary ethical issue in healthcare. Potential topics, both general and specific:
- Harm Reduction as a framework and approach to health intervention
- Vaccine Hesitancy, Access and Distribution
- Moral Distress
- Distributive Justice
- Race and Gender Equity
- Parental autonomy and the rights of children
- End of life issues
- The ethics of concierge medicine
- Healthcare delivery in wartime-do the normal rules apply?
- Ethics committees and ethics consultation: purposes, roles, and credentials
- Inter-professional conflicts
- Ethical issues in managing new technology
We are preparing for an in-person event in 2022 as COVID-19 vaccines are being distributed across the country. However, the safety of our participants is of upmost importance and a contingency plan will be in place should we need to move to a hybrid or virtual model.