Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, one of the nation’s premier healthcare institutions, is seeking an Associate for a newly created position in the Center for Healthcare Ethics. Working closely with the Center’s Director, the Associate will help organize and implement Center programming through active participation in a range of service, educational, and scholarly activities. With an emphasis on clinical ethics, essential duties of this position include:
• Serve as one of the Clinical Ethics Consultants for the Clinical Ethics Consultation Service, which is the clinical service arm of the Center.
• Assist in expanding Ethics support and programming at Cedars-Sinai’s Marina Del Rey Hospital.
• Assist in leading the innovative Goals, Values, and Preferences, Prognosis, and Plan (GVP3) educational program for CSMC resident and fellow physicians and various member of the Medical Staff.
• Assist in leading additional educational sessions regarding clinical and research ethics issues for Cedars-Sinai medical staff, house staff, nursing staff, and others as appropriate.
• Serve on Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and Cedars-Sinai Medical Staff Committees, including the Bioethics Committee, IRB, etc.
• Contribute to the scholarly mission of the Center for Healthcare Ethics by encouraging research in healthcare ethics issues encountered at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center as well as authoring/co-authoring original essays and articles for publication.
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
• Ph.D. with specific focus on, and expertise and training in, healthcare ethics.
• Experience and demonstrated ability in performing clinical ethics consultation.
• Demonstrated ability to create and implement educational sessions pertaining to healthcare ethics to both clinical and research healthcare personnel.
• Evidence of or potential for professional scholarship in healthcare ethics.
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, a state-of-the-art, 886 bed, quaternary acute care, nonprofit academic medical center, is a leader in providing high-quality healthcare that encompasses primary care, specialized medicine, teaching, and pioneering research We are proud to be consistently ranked as one of America’s top hospitals by US News and World Report, have received the National Research Corporation’s Consumer Choice Award 20 years in a row for providing the highest quality medical care in Los Angeles, and have the longest running Magnet designation for nursing excellence in California.
If interested in this opportunity to join a growing healthcare ethics program and work within a flourishing clinical and academic environment, please apply directly through Cedars-Sinai’s career website at https://jobs.cedars-sinai.edu/job/los-angeles/healthcare-ethics-faculty/252/33068996672, referencing Requisition #HRC0941344.
For general information about the Center for Healthcare Ethics, feel free to visit the Center’s website at https://www.cedars-sinai.org/programs/healthcare-ethics.html.
Cedars-Sinai encourages and welcomes diversity in the workplace. AA/EEO