Starting September 1st, 2022 in the Section Translational Medical Ethics, Heidelberg University Hospital, working group of Prof. Dr. Dr. Eva Winkler (NCT-EPOC) at National Center for Tumor Diseases Heidelberg (NCT).
The National Center for Tumor Diseases (NCT) Heidelberg is one of the leading oncological centers in Germany. It is supported by the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ), Heidelberg University Medical Center and the German Cancer Aid (DKH).
The Translational Medical Ethics working group investigates cutting-edge bioethical issues with a focus on the ethics of genomics. This position is offered, subject to final approval of funding, to work in the consortium project NEW_LIVES: Genomic NEWborn screening programs – Legal Implications, Value, Ethics and Society, funded by the German Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF). The job profile includes project coordination (50%) and working in the ethical subproject (50%).
• Job-ID: V000009674
• Domain: Nationales Centrum für Tumorerkrankungen (NCT), Sektion Translationale Medizinethik / Ethics and Patient Oriented Care in Oncology (NCT-EPOC)
• Place: Heidelberg, Germany
• Starting date: September 1st, 2022
• Field of activity: Research
• Employment type: full time
• Publication: June 9th, 2022
• Fixed-term: Limited (3 years – continued employment is sought)
• Contract: TV-L
Your tasks and perspectives:
• Working as a researcher in the ethical subproject of NEW_LIVES
• Working on publications and normative recommendations on genomic newborn screening
• Presentation of project results at conferences
• Contact person for the project coordination of NEW_LIVES
• Organization of project meetings, international exchange and public events
• Preparation of project reports in coordination with the project partners
• Very good university degree (at least M.A. or equivalent) in philosophy/medical ethics or similar subjects
• Excellent written and spoken English and German language skills
• At least basic knowledge in the field of medical ethics
• Organizational skills, ability to take the initiative
• Ability to work in a team, friendly appearance, communication skills
• Preferred qualifications: experience in project coordination, experience in the field of ethics of genomics, ethics at the beginning of life or ethics of newborn screening
• Working on a current issue in medical ethics in exchange with international and national experts
• Integration into an interdisciplinary working group and the possibility to work in the working group for a longer period of time
• Possibility of further scientific qualification
• Remuneration according to TV-L
• Access to the offers of Heidelberg University, the University Hospital, and the state (job ticket; childcare in daycare center/kindergarten; subsidy for vacation care; university library; active health promotion; subsidy for company pension plan)
Contact & Application:
For further information, please contact Lukas Kiefer via e-mail: LukasSimeon.Kiefer@med.uni-heidelberg.de or by phone: 049 – 6221 – 56 38732.
We are looking forward to your application!
Please send your application (cover letter, CV, diploma) in a single PDF document, quoting the above job ID, by July 11th, 2022 via email to:
Nationales Centrum für Tumorerkrankungen (NCT)
Medizinische Onkologie, Sektion Translationale Medizinethik
Z.Hd. Prof. Dr. Dr. Eva Winkler
Im Neuenheimer Feld 460
Disabled persons and persons of equal status will be given preferential consideration if they have the same qualifications. Heidelberg University Hospital specifically invites women and persons from other underrepresented groups to apply.