The Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy at Baylor College of Medicine is hiring a full-time Senior Research Assistant with strong empirical research skills (qualitative and/or quantitative) to work on funded projects examining ethical, legal, and social issues related to data sharing, psychedelics, precision medicine, and public health surveillance This position will be based in Houston, TX. Preference will be given to applicants who can work in person; remote applicants will be considered.
This position will be part of an interdisciplinary team of researchers led by Amy McGuire, JD, PhD, and Christi Guerrini, JD, MPH.
In addition to supporting the Center’s robust research program, the Senior Research Assistant will have the opportunity to participate in professional and academic development sessions hosted by the Center. Such development opportunities include speaker series, grand rounds and peer mentorship. The Center promotes an intellectually stimulating and collaborative environment conducive to academic excellence.
The Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy cultivates a culture of intentionality, respect, inclusivity, and collaboration. We offer intellectual, social, and professional development opportunities to promote a meaningful work experience. We are reflective and mindful of issues related to diversity, equity and inclusion in both interactions with one another.
For more information about Baylor College of Medicine and the Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy, visit our website at www.bcm.edu/ethics
Primary duties and responsibilities:
• Conduct quantitative and qualitative research on topics related to bioethics and health policy.
• Conduct comprehensive literature searches.
• Lead and assist with publishing research findings as manuscripts in relevant academic journals.
• Present papers/project findings at local, national and international meetings.
• Organize, lead, and attend project meetings.
• Participate in grant preparation and writing.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in bioethics, humanities, public health, social sciences, or related field.
• Experience Required: Four years of relevant experience.
• Education Preferred: Master's degree or PhD in bioethics, humanities, public health, social sciences or related field.
• Experience with qualitative data collection and analysis preferred.
• Experience with qualitative data analysis programs preferred (e.g., Dedoose, nVivo).
• Experience with quantitative data analysis preferred.
• Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills required; must be able to work independently and collaboratively to meet deadlines.
• Track record of publications in scientific and/or medical journals preferred.
• Strong interest in bioethics and health policy.
How to Apply
Those interested in this position should submit a resume, writing sample and cover letter indicating their desire to be considered. Please apply at: http://tinyurl.com/bioethicsSrRA
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Salary Range: Up to $65,000