Our team members are the heart of what makes us better.
At Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives — and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community.
Together, we keep getting better – advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive change.
The Program Coordinator, Bioethics reports to the Vice President, Bioethics and is responsible for managing multiple HMH-wide and Departmental short- and long-term projects simultaneously. This role efficiently coordinates, monitors, and helps to ensure the successful execution and completion of projects undertaken by the Bioethics Department and as assigned by the VP, Bioethics. This role helps design, develop, and implement solutions to coordinate bioethics consultations and manage educational programs and policy work. This role performs required tasks and initiatives following the guidelines and procedures established, maintains appropriate documentation and records, and delivers services in a professional and efficient manner. This role provides prompt assistance to deliver an overall positive experience. This role assists departmental leadership with administrative tasks, as well as performs data entry and analysis collected to improve consultation and educational activities.
A day in the life of a Program Coordinator, Bioethics at Hackensack Meridian includes:
– Coordinates large- and small-scale projects; actively participates in all phases of projects; identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project; researches and creates presentations; develops, maintains, and monitors detailed project schedules; tracks activities against the plan and provides regular updates to ensure deliverables are met; reports project results.
– Achieves operational objectives by meeting with stakeholders, contributing information and recommendations; prepares and completes action plans; monitors and communicates follow through.
– Assists leaders on a broad range of internal and external activities and special projects, including but not limited to bioethics consultation tracking and quality improvement, educational programs and symposia, policy harmonization and development, new program development, and all administrative matters.
– Maintains departmental databases used to track bioethics consultations and educational evaluations, including but not limited to data entry, generating reports, and basic data analysis.
– Manages repository of bioethics educational materials and liaise with HMSOM, HMH, and external stakeholders to coordinate education sessions and ensure CME and CEU requirements are met.
– Gathers, synthesizes and consolidates materials for distribution to internal and external stakeholders.
– Supports leaders and team members in understanding initiatives and change management.
– Responsible for routine and recurring operational reports.
– Attends, prepares analyses and participates in Center for Bioethics meetings, as appropriate; produces minutes of meetings attended.
– Measures and continually improves processes, procedures, programs, and services that enhance the ability to manage workflow.
– Assists in overseeing department administrative staff, including coverage, as needed, to provide administrative support to maintain operations, including but not limited to: schedules appointments and meetings; answers, screens and triages calls from patients, families, team members, leaders, and the public; prepares correspondence; direct inquiries and escalates concerns when necessary;
– Monitors the email@example.com website; distributes mail; maintains inventory of supplies, books, and equipment, and office space oversight.
– Oversees in person and virtual events, including but not limited to the annual symposium and other educational events held by the Department, including coordinating with vendors and with internal and external stakeholders.
– Manages financial tasks, including but not limited to reimbursements, vouchers, vendors, expense tracking, and budgeting.
– Manages correspondence with and submission of applications/reports to relevant regulatory bodies and other agencies.
– Handles a wide variety of situations and conflicts involving the clerical and administrative function of the office as necessary.
– Handles confidential and time sensitive material, as well as protected health information.
– Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
– Continues learning new project management, analytical and organizational skills to best meet the needs of the Department and stakeholders.
– Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
– Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
– Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
– Minimum of 3 or more years of experience in a related field.
– Proven record of working independently to plan, organize and prioritize multiple tasks with an attention to detail.
– Excellent interpersonal skills, analytically minded, and able to learn systems quickly.
– Demonstrates a high degree of business acumen, sound judgment, and discretion in decision making, problem solving, and project management in a fast paced, high-performance environment; intuitive and results oriented; deadline driven.
– Ability to maintain professional demeanor and relationships with team members from all levels of an organization.
– Ability to take initiative for learning new business solutions and processes.
– Experience working in a complex and matrix environment.
– Highly organized and disciplined with a strong work ethic and sense of urgency.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Proficient computer skills that may include but are not limited to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
– Advanced skills in Google workspace.
– Project management experience.
– Experience using Redcap.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.