The Wexler Lab at the Department of Medical Ethics & Health Policy at the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania is seeking a full-time postdoctoral fellow in neuroethics. This is a 12-month position with a desired start date of summer 2023, though earlier/later starts may be considered. There is a possibility for renewal contingent upon funding. The fellow will work on a project that utilizes sociological methods to study the ethical, legal, and social implications of neurotechnology.
The post-doctoral fellow will be able to participate fully in the life of the Department, which is among the world’s leading centers of bioethics research and teaching. The fellow will have full access to the intellectual resources of the Penn community. There may be the potential for the fellow to obtain core training in bioethics by participating in a weekly bioethics proseminar led by the Division Chief.
– Doctoral-level degree in a relevant field, such as sociology, public health, or bioethics. PhD’s preferred; JDs and MDs with relevant experience and/or training will be considered.
– Experience conducting qualitative and/or quantitative empirical research (i.e., interviews and/or surveys).
– Excellent writing and communications skills.
The ideal applicant will have a record of publication in a relevant field, such as sociology, bioethics, or neuroethics.
Interested applicants should email Rebekah.Choi@pennmedicine.upenn.edu with the following:
– Personal statement (two pages maximum)
– Writing sample (for which the applicant was lead or sole author; 20 pages maximum)
– The names and email addresses of 2-3 individuals who would be willing to provide a recommendation.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.